Fall 2020 Updates
COVID-19 will require many student organizations to alter their events and activities in the coming year in the interest of safety. The Financial Affairs Committee (FAC) of the SSA has worked diligently to anticipate how this impacts your funding needs for the academic year. The processes below have been updated and streamlined.
- The Contingency process will be ongoing throughout the year as the FAC meets. You may submit Contingency budget requests at any time during the school year.
- The first Contingency hearing will be on October 5th. Hearings will continue every week until the SSA Elections in April, not including Winterm.
- The 3 Contingency budget periods were collapsed into two periods. Contingency 1 will support events and activities that take place from 7/1/2020 through 12/31/2020. Contingency 2 will support events and activities between 1/1/2021 and 6/30/2021.
- The last day for Contingency 1 requests to be accepted is November 13th @ Noon. The last day for Contingency 2 requests is April 9th @ Noon.
- The Just-in-time process is no longer needed as access to the Contingency process has been expanded to be all year long.
- The Reallocation form has been updated in an attempt to reduce the need to physically meet.