From: Jennifer Lee
Date: March 12, 2020
Subject: Attention: Student Orgs Traveling between now and April 5th

Dear First_Name,

To the student orgs who are scheduled to travel between now and April 5th:

We strongly advise you to reconsider your travel away from the area. Documented cases of CoVID-19 are growing rapidly both domestically and internationally. This situation is likely to continue to quickly change in the days and weeks ahead.  You may face a higher risk of infection, significant delays returning to Menomonie, and/or the requirement to self-isolate upon your return, all of which could significantly impact your academic  and personal obligations at great individual expense.


All activities including travel are strongly discouraged whether or your org has SSA funding or not.

  1. Strongly consider canceling registration, reservations, transportation, and lodging. 
  2. Request refunds – and document those requests.
  3. If you have prepaid expenses with personal funds and are unable to get a refund for student organization SSA funded travel please send a detailed email to either Rhonda Rubenzer (academic, special interest or principle) or Kyle Pearson (sport clubs) so we have that information and we will work with you to determine next steps.
Feel free to respond if you have additional questions and I will do my best to answer them.  Please understand that the situation for any travel beyond this time frame is currently unknown.