In-person Appointments (not available):
- Meet with a Writing Specialist or Writing Tutor face-to-face in a 45-minute session to discuss your writing assignment.Bring a hardcopy of your writing assignment and your syllabus or assignment guidelines
- Bring a hardcopy of your writing assignment and your syllabus or assignment guidelines
- Work on an agenda with the writing specialist/tutor and discuss your goals for the session.
- Read through the draft together with the writing specialist/tutor. Consider them an informed reader who will ask you questions to help better understand your ideas.
- Discuss strategies for revision and ideas for moving forward.
1) Email Correspondence used to provide written feedback to the student from a Writing Specialist. This option is ideal for students who would like feedback on longer pieces of writing that are not time-sensitive. Written feedback in Microsoft Word is done using the "Track Changes" and "New Comment" features. You will have likely received electronic feedback this way from your instructors before.
See video for how to schedule an email correspondence appointment and what to expect. during your appointment.
2) Live online tutorials are available by appointment. In a 45-minute meeting using Microsoft OneDrive and the audio feature in Teams, students will work with the writing tutor in real-time to discuss writing-related questions.
See video for how to schedule a live tutoring session and what to expect during your appointment.
Best to use this method for:
- Brainstorming OR shorter pieces of writing
- Writing assignments that are not time-sensitive
- Distance learners
- To work from the comfort of your own space
Equipment you will need:
- Computer connected to internet
- Not necessary but best to use headphones or earbuds with mic
Note: Due to the use of technology, please keep in mind that you may experience technical issues during your appointment. This method is not effective for time-sensitive writing assignments.