- Meet with a Writing Specialist or Writing Tutor face-to-face in a 45-minute session to discuss your writing assignment.Bring a hardcopy of your writing assignment and your syllabus or assignment guidelines
- Bring a hardcopy of your writing assignment and your syllabus or assignment guidelines
- Work on an agenda with the writing specialist/tutor and discuss your goals for the session.
- Read through the draft together with the writing specialist/tutor. Consider them an informed reader who will ask you questions to help better understand your ideas.
- Discuss strategies for revision and ideas for moving forward.
Online Appointments (available with writing tutor only):
Live online tutorials are available by appointment. In a 45-minute meeting using Google Docs and audio, students will work with the writing tutor in real-time to discuss writing-related questions.
Best to use this method for:
- Shorter pieces of writing
- Writing assignments that are not time-sensitive
- Distance learners
- To work from the comfort of your own space
For online appointments, you will need a phone (cell phone works) and a computer connected to the internet. You do not need to have a personal Google account, but it will help speed up the setup.
At the time of your writing appointment, a Writing Tutor will contact you at the phone number provided on your appointment form. They will walk you through the setup process step-by-step before beginning the writing session.
Note: Due to the use of technology, please keep in mind that you may experience technical issues during your appointment. This method is not effective for time-sensitive writing assignments.