Live online correspondence is available by appointment. In a 60-minute meeting using Microsoft OneDrive and the audio feature in Teams, students will work with the writing tutor in real-time to discuss writing-related questions.
See video for how to schedule a live tutoring session and what to expect during your appointment.
Best to use this method for:
- Brainstorming OR shorter pieces of writing
- Writing assignments that are not time-sensitive
- Distance learners
- To work from the comfort of your own space
Equipment you will need:
- Computer connected to internet
- Not necessary but best to use headphones or earbuds with mic
Note: Due to the use of technology, please keep in mind that you may experience technical issues during your appointment. This method is not effective for time-sensitive writing assignments.
In-person Appointments (available upon request):
Students are encouraged to call ahead to schedule to ensure availability of tutors, determine if services can be completed remotely and to maintain low density in the office and promote social distancing.
1. Meet with a Writing Tutor face-to-face in a 60-minute session to discuss your writing assignment.
2. Bring your laptop and work on your paper using Microsoft OneDrive with the Writing Tutor.
3. Work on an agenda with the writing tutor and discuss your goals for the session.
4. Read through the draft together with the writing tutor. Consider them an informed reader who will ask you questions to help better understand your ideas.
5. Discuss strategies for revision and ideas for moving forward.