

**Stout Student Association**  
**Executive Board Committee Minutes**  
**11:30 AM May 18<sup>th</sup>, 2020**  
[Microsoft Teams](#)



1. Call to Order 11:32 am
2. Roll Call

	Present	Absent	Excused
President Dumke	X		
Vice President Johnson	X		
Director Serier			X
Director Gentz	X		
Director Wiseman	X		
Director Haas	X		
Director Edlin	X		
Director Reed	X		
Advisor Witucki	X		
Guests: Senator Stolen			

3. Approval of Agenda
4. Discussion (***\*if time allows***)
  - A. Introductions (Name, Major, Year in School, One Goal for the Year)
 

Noah Edlin, 4<sup>th</sup> Year, Environmental Major, Improve the connection between SSA and Campus Groups and Facility.

Cody Gentz, 3<sup>rd</sup> Year, Computer Science Major, Inventory System for SSA Sponsored Equipment.

Shana Haas, 3<sup>rd</sup> Year, Rehab Service, Finish Sensory Room, and Improve Campus Relationship people of color and Campus police, and improve access to community resources.

Chris Johnson 4<sup>th</sup> Year, APSS History and Politics, Finish initiatives from last year, Legal Services and Off Campus Housing.

Ethan Reed, 5<sup>th</sup> Year, Info Com Tech, Decouple ATL and Info Tech Forum, and advertise the Info Tech money better.

Tori Wiseman, 4<sup>th</sup> Year, Human Dev and Fam Study, Get the numbers up for voter reg and turn out, as well as another lobbying trip.

Darrin Witucki 20<sup>th</sup> year at Stout, 8<sup>th</sup> Congress Advising SSA, here



to support everyone's goals, and work on structure and infrastructure of documents, and help exercise 36.05

Guests: Grace Stolen 4<sup>th</sup> year, Senator of Transfer Relations, new to SSA but not to shared governance, unsure about goals now adjusting to new format in SSA, APSS with History and Politics.

B. Summer Representatives Tasks and Responsibilities

Summer Reps are Cody Gentz and Chris Johnson, they are here to take care of business over the summer for SSA, so the rest of us can take a break.

Who wants to have the summer reps look after their email? Serier Unknown, Wiseman Summer Reps and Me can watch over it, Haas Summer Reps can look over email, Edlin Summer Reps and Me can keep watch, Reed I'll keep it under control.

What duties would you like to have the summer reps help with?

Wiseman: Nothing at the moment but can add them to the emails I have for the Voter Regs stuff, if anything else comes up I will let them know.

Haas: I do, but don't have the details on me right now, but will forward them the info needed, policy change in title 9 and wanted to form a meeting with Admin and others about what that means for Stout.

Edlin: Summer Reps to work with Senator Leonhard on the sustainable bags, work with Advisor Witucki on going around campus at the night to find hazard spots that can be fixed.

Witucki: Might be good for summer reps to get photos of the solar panel installation.

Reed: Will send tasks over the summer as they are still making their tasks.

Gentz: Equipment list, and constitution formatting, reforming the contingency process. Look into how we store documents and online presence.

Johnson: Off-Campus housing, and Legal Services work, finishing up those things, as well as continuing work with Inter-Campus Relations.

Dumke: Advisor Witucki is there a list of people furloughed?

Witucki: I can send a list of who will be around and the rest will be back for sure Aug. 3<sup>rd</sup>, but there are confidentiality concerns as well.

C. [Blueprint](#) for UW System Beyond COVID-19 Response

Dumke: sent this in the agenda email, is there any questions about this?

Witucki: there seems to be a lot missing the detail and how is not really there nor could I find a more comprehensive document.

Reed: I would agree with Advisor Witucki. Maybe it will be more detailed after the listening sessions.

Dumke: those listening sessions do not have students invited to the meeting its just faculty and staff and are not open to the public.

Stolen: I couldn't find a time for those dates, or a way to join.

Dumke: We are very shut out of the process; everyone I've talked to in shared governance got blindsided and seemed to come from just a small circle around President Cross not really including anyone else.

Stolen: this is very similar to the last restructuring proposal, where it was just kind of dropped on everyone, and the regents will get to vote later, and didn't really include students or student opinions on this.

Dumke: Cross has done stuff like this before with the emphasis on quick and not the proper channels, this is not great, but the document is to address the budgetary concerns that the system is having, with the State requesting 5% of the budget back which in terms of Stout is around 1.5 million dollars.

Stolen: I find the rushed nature concerning as it mirrors the last one, and that in its rushed nature, hurt students immensely, and with all that being said the new proposal looks to cut programs and change our schools as we know it.

Reed and Haas: would be in support of a resolution to increase transparency and include more students as we are the ones that choose to come to the universities and this directly impacts them.

Gentz: Should we issue a statement as an executive board? For a resolution would that have to wait till fall?

Dumke: That is the question should we call an emergency session off the Senate on this resolution?

Edlin: My thoughts are to reach out and see if they are willing to become transparent, if not we can work on the resolution.

Dumke: I think this was pretty deliberate so I'm not sure what we

would get out of asking nicely. I don't feel this is very different from the last restructure, which really didn't include students.

Stolen: I think we shouldn't wait till fall to give a statement. System doesn't seem to want to hear people right now.

Haas: This warrants an Emergency session as we would have the extra umph of the Senate behind it. I would love if we could just ask but that doesn't seem to be the case, so we should use our powers as is our right.

Johnson: Emergency session good, also send it to the regents as well as our immediate thoughts to the student Regent that way we can have them fighting for the students right away.

Dumke: is there any dissent against an emergency session?

Edlin: when would we be doing this emergency meeting?

Dumke: It would hopefully soon, by the end of this month for sure.

Reed: Would should also include ways to ask other student governances about this too in our resolution.

Dumke: Should we try and address the public too?

Stolen: would should also try and work with our shared governance allies too.

Dumke: they are in a tough spot with the furloughs, but seem to be focusing on the listening sessions.

Johnson: we should reach out to the press and give them the thoughts we have.

Witucki: Doug Mell's office can help with this as they have done this in the past for SSA.

Reed: is the copy of the blueprint public?

Stolen: yes.

Dumke: Who wants to write the resolution?

Johnson: I can

Wiseman: I can

Stolen: I can

Dumke: We should focus on what steps we need to take, and then those who volunteered with it can take care of those aspects.

Wiseman: I can deal with the press.

Gentz, Johnson, and Stolen: can Write the resolution.

Dumke: do we want to reach out to state reps about this too?

Wiseman: yeah I can do that!

Witucki: Senator Schachtner would be a great ally.

Stolen: the rep over by Stevens Point Katrina Shankland could also be a good ally too.

Dumke: You had mentioned the legal ramifications of this with 36.05(5) would you be able to elaborate on this?

Witucki: this deals heavily with the campus level stuff and our role to advise the chancellor is impacted there, and if Systems doesn't see the virtue in including you in this matter that heavily impacts students.

Stolen: Systems tends to not think that 36.09(5) doesn't apply to them.

Dumke: What is the way to go on this legally?

Stolen: I would include it in the resolution for sure.

Witucki: It would be helpful to include that in the press release too as headline make a big impact, we can also ask Senator Schachtner to research that or possibly the attorney General?

Reed: where do we plan to keep our info about this? Consolidated in a teams folder? Just to keep all our relevant info in one place.

Dumke: We can do teams, as a side note we will be moving from slack for communication to teams as it just seems better in the long run.

Dumke: What information should we send to the senate or student body before our emergency meeting.

Reed: share what we have and make people aware of the resolution being drafted.

Stolen: Include those documents on the blueprint in the email to Senate, as well as an analysis to provide some context as to why we are calling the meeting.

Dumke: How do we send the meeting stuff out to students?

Witucki: we can do a campus life today would have to work with Jen and Emily on this.

Johnson: It might be helpful to do an allstudents1 email about it.

Dumke: Ok I will work with them on that, and send an allstudents1 after our resolution.

Witucki: when are we planning on doing this meeting?

Reed: how about June 2<sup>nd</sup>?

Dumke: is there any dissent to June 2<sup>nd</sup> at 7pm?

Dumke: hearing none thank you all for the help with this, I really appreciate the guidance, and will talk to Director Serier soon as

well as sending out communications to the Senate or Student body.

**D. FOCUS 2030**

Dumke: This I believe is the meeting where we get together as a campus to get the goals for the campus over the next 10 years.

Witucki: This is something that happens yearly as a minor meeting but this is the Major one I can't offer much though as I have not been invited before.

Dumke: This seems like it is going through Strategic Planning Group don't we normally have multiple reps for that?

Johnson: Last year it was mostly Former President Canon who attended those meetings, I went once.

Dumke: So what do you recommend we do Advisor Witucki, as you told me to bring that up to EBC.

Witucki: it would be what you guys think the priorities for the campus should be and how do you want to represent yourself at that summer session.

Dumke: I'll probably call another session of EBC to get those Priorities before the Summer session meeting.

**E. *Fall Planning***

Dumke: It looks like we are going to be on-campus in the fall for housing, dining, and the like, but instruction might look different, but that decision is going to come no later than July 10<sup>th</sup>. So, it seems like we will be returning to on-campus senate too, but if things take a turn for the worse we will continue with the online version of senate, but that will have another EBC meeting to discuss that if that happens. What U.S.S. will look like on-campus maybe different, due to CDC guidelines but that is all in the air right now.

Witucki: We are working on how to do that as an MSC Staff, and we have several plans in the works right now as to what that may be. I have 3 meetings with other campus departments to discuss that stuff, so lots of stuff is going to be happening in the next month or so to put together plans for this fall.

**F. *Study Abroad Marketing*  
*Skipped by President Dumke.***

**5. Updates**

**A. Director Series**



Not Present.

B. Director Gentz

No real update due to finals. Going to get into it more this week.

C. Director Wiseman

Similar to Gentz, did reach out to Doug Mell to introduce myself.

D. Director Haas

E. Director Edlin

Had last meeting with Sustainability Council to reflect on goals, also worked on transition periods with the Environmental clubs, also collecting interest on a camping idea with a sustainability element.

F. Director Reed

Working with CIO Sue Traxler, on how they plan on moving forward with virtual instruction and the decoupling of the fees as mentioned before.

G. Vice President Johnson

Finished Finals and dealt with the last of the Sam E Wood stuff.

H. President Dumke

Lots of meetings and one on ones as well as dealing with the issues we have talked about today, as well as talking with our perspective senators who will be applying to senate in the fall. As well as starting to work on getting our files in order for this coming fall.

I. Advisor Witucki

Making myself available with the summer reps, possibly working on a weekly meeting with the summer reps, as well as keeping watch for things that would concern you all. And Working hard on my day job to prepare for the return in the fall hopefully.

6. Announcements

7. Adjournment 1:15pm